Explore The Museum
FEATURED – “Rockin’ the Boat”
SUPPORT THE MUSEUM
- SAVE THE DATE Rum Runner 2013
- Navigation Through The Ages
- Check It Out!!
- Model Anchor Society
- National Safe Boating Week
- Summer Camps
- Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Astructure on the property
to the north of Tuckahoe, formerly a maintenance building for the FIT campus in the 1970s, must be razed because of its poor condition. In its place, a two-storey building will be constructed to house the Restoration Workshop.
- Its design, influenced by the Florida “cracker” style, will make it aesthetically pleasing and in keeping with its setting.
- It will be a “green” or sustainable building that, both in its location and its construction, maximizes its positive environment impact and minimizes any negative implications.
- Functionality is a prime consideration in its design. There will be secure storage places for boats and boat parts; sufficient room for real work on boats and engines by both craftsmen and their students; and viewing platforms positioned so that visitors can interact with staff and volunteers and feel a part of the work in progress.
- Classroom space will be included to further the Museum’s mission as a place of new learning for future jobs as well as conservation of the past.
- Parking will be convenient to The Restoration Workshop and supplemented by parking areas throughout Indian RiverSide Park.
- Additional phases of the Maritime and Classic Boating Museum Master Plan will complement the Workshop over time.
The Board of Directors of the Maritime and Classic Boat Museum is committed to raising the $1 million dollars required for the demolition, construction, and outfitting of the Restoration Workshop.
The Maritime and Classic Boat Museum was established in 1993 as a non-profit community organization and opened its doors to the public in 1995. It is devoted to the collection, preservation, restoration and interpretation of the maritime and boating history on the Treasure Coast.
MARITIME & CLASSIC
1707 NE Indian River Drive
Jensen Beach, Florida 34957
PO Box 275
Jensen Beach, FL 34958
Email: [email protected]